Sunday 26 January 2014

Life | Detox Diary - The Results

When I decided to commit to the 21 Day Detox I set myself a few of goals, I didn't share them with you guys but these are what they were:

1. To commit to the challenge, to the best of my ability.
2. To feel healthier and lighter.
3. To develop a stronger connection between what I was putting into my body and how it was making me feel.

So there were no ideal numbers, no goal weight. Just most of all I didn't want to give-up, I wanted to see it though to the end.

And you know what? I did just that.

For 21 days you guys have heard about every last morsel that has passed my lips! And it hasn't always been "perfect".  I didn't follow the Detox Plan to the letter because it wasn't appropriate for what I could do on that day. But every day, regardless of what had happened the day before, I consciously considered what I was eating and drinking, and in turn this helped me to achieve Goal 3.

And so on to the Biggie. Goal Number 2.

Of course I wanted to shift a few excess pounds, but I had no idea how many the Detox would help me lose. I've truly been amazed.

I weighed myself at the start, and took my waist measurement.

At Day 21, I have lost 10lbs and 2 and a half inches off my waist.

I promised you pictures, and here we are.....my flat tummy! I don't have a before because well, who would take a picture of their belly after Christmas?! But trust me, there was zero definition!




A couple of things I wanted to highlight about my Detox Experience.

1. The experience I have blogged about is my experience alone, everyone else's would be different.

2. I would not recommend taking on a Detox on your own. It was so important for me to have the support of a Nutritionist. You need to ensure that you are doing the right thing for your body and those needs are very individual.

3. You need to make time in your life for a Detox! I know this sounds obvious but this was the bit I struggled with most. The Detox will provide you with lots of different tools to help you organise what you need to consume but there's a whole other side dedicated to sleep and relaxation.

4. It takes 21 days to form habits, and the Detox helps you form good ones! What you learn on the Detox will stay with you long after you finish. I will continue to make many of the recipes and love the idea of having a Smoothie for lunch on some days.

I hope you found the Detox Diary interesting. I wanted to show the "real" side of detox, and show that it CAN be done! Detox is for everyone that wants to feel better about their bodies, inside and out.



As always, all information relating to the Detox can be found on Fiona's Facebook Page and Blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment